3/28/2012

quote for the day


"Wouldn’t it be terrible if you’d spent all your life doing everything you were supposed to do, didn’t drink, didn’t smoke, didn’t eat things, took lots of exercise, and suddenly, one day, you were run over by a big red bus and, as the wheels were crunching into you, you’d say, “Oh my God, I could have got so drunk last night”. That’s the way you should live your life, as if tomorrow you’ll be run over by a big red bus."

- Queen Elizabeth, 'the Queen Mother', Quoted by Michael Parker in Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother: The Official Biography


***

THIS IS a quote I came across while catching up on one of my favourite blogs GirlWithaSatchel. It has become increasingly clear (and a bit scary) to me that time is going fast. My grandma always says to me time goes faster and faster as you grow older. I'm feeling it in my 25 year old bones. It compels me to change my wary, perfectionist perspective which always focusses on doing things when I'm ready.

The truth is, I never will be ready until I start.

Yes, at times you need preparation to accomplish something, as you would need to study for an upcoming exam. However, if you feel your fear is preventing you to do something you always wanted to do, because of what others may say or how you would be perceived - it's time to say goodbye to those worries. Goodbye to fear. It's not easy if fear has been engrained in your life but I can say that this is possible if you are relying on God to help you through. Step by step. You'll begin to change. Then you'll look back and be amazed because you didn't realise it was happening.

As for worrying about failures in personal endeavours both small or big, I remind myself of what Jesus said to his disciples:

" do not worry about your life...Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to your life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest?...your Father knows you need them. But seek his kingdom, and these things will be given to you as well" - Luke 12:22-31


x



No comments:

Post a Comment